|photo by Paul Szynol|
Awava is in need of more hands to help us continue to weave the story of our products and the women who create them. In this journey, we are searching for a positively passionate PR, Marketing & Social Media Intern. This position is part time (typically between 10-20 hours a week) and as long as you're a good self-starter, can be done remotely in the US (weekly skype meetings and regular emailing will be a must), or if you're in or around Lawrence, KS, USA, you can meet with us face-to-face!
What do we want from you?
- Must be positive, energetic and have a drive to share the happiness.
- Must be an excellent self-starter, eager to share and implement ideas, and work well independently or on a team.
- You will work closely with the Graphic Design Intern, as well as the Director and Uganda Country Director.
- Advise on and lead social media campaigns.
- Generate, approach and follow up with press and wholesale leads.
- Advise on and distribute press packs, whole sale packets, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organization.
This is an unpaid internship. If you are a university student, your school may have an option for receiving college credit. Please check with your university's career services center to find out.
How do you apply?
Please send your CV or resume with 2 references, a cover letter telling us why you would like to work with us, as well as a link or attachments of some of your previous work to email@example.com!