As Awava grows, we are in need of more hands to help us continue to weave the story of our products and the women who create them. In this journey, we are searching for a highly-motivated, passionate and talented Graphic Design Intern, and we won't stop until we fine the perfect fit! This position is part time (roughly 10 hours a week) and as long as you're a good self-starter, can be done remotely (weekly skype meetings and regular emailing will be a must), or if you're in Kampala or Gulu, Uganda OR in or around Lawrence, KS, USA, you can meet with us face-to-face!
What are we looking for exactly?
- Must be positive, energetic and have a good eye for happiness.
- Must be a good self-starter and work well independently or on a team.
- You will work closely with the PR, Marketing and Social Media Intern, as well as the Director and Uganda Country Director.
- Conceptualize and implament graphic campaigns highlighting Awava's products and the ladies who make them.
- Proficient in Photoshop, Ilustrator, InDesign or other graphic design software of your liking.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organization.
- Basic photography skills (dependent on location).
- Social media experience (while you will not be taking on the bulk of our social media campaign, we will ask you for a tiny bit of social media support!).
This is an unpaid internship. If you are a university student, your school may have an option for receiving college credit. Please check with your university's career services center to find out.
How do you apply?
Please send your CV or resume with 2 references, a cover letter telling us why you would like to work with us, as well as a link or attachments of some of your graphic design work to email@example.com!