Friday, March 5, 2010

Awava's Newest Wholesale Client ~ The Community Mercantile!



The Community Mercantile is a member-owned cooperative grocery store located in Lawrence, Kansas (my home). "The Merc" specializes in natural, organic foods with a focus on local and sustainable products.

In December while I was home, I had a chance to sit down with various managers of this wonderful grocery store (which I had the pleasure of working at during my undergrad) where we decided Awava products would be appropriate for various departments within The Merc! I cannot tell you how excited I have been about this partnership. The Merc has been in my life but also my mother's for decades! My mom has been a member since the 70's and used to work as the herb lady fulfilling her member duties in the 70's. During my vegan days it was the only place I could find special treats such as Tofutti ice cream bars. Delicious! And NOW my company's products are being sold at The Merc! How perfect is that?

The Merc was kind enough to feature Awava in their March Newsletter, officially launching the Awava line in their amazing store.

For those of you in and around Lawrence, please check out our products and let us know what you think! And buy some delicious tofutti and enjoy it for me. Tofutti hasn't tapped the Uganda market yet.

No comments: